.........................................................

My life, my loves, my inspirations...and my journey to achieve a healthful life.

Saturday, March 29, 2014

For the love of LOVE




I recently completed one of my many Pinterest Project ideas, and this one may just be my favorite!
I saw the idea for a Date Jar awhile back, and while I liked it, I didn't quite dive right in.

I told myself that we probably wouldn't really use it that much. 
Date nights came few and far between, once our little Harper arrived.
 
As time went by, I found that Brady and I were spending less and less quality time together. 
That was when I knew we needed to come up with a fun way to fix that :)


I headed to Hobby Lobby, and found all of the supplies I needed:

 

          *Glass jar
          *Popsicle sticks
          *Copper paint pen                               
          *Washi tape                       
          *Lace ribbon
          *Gift tag
          *Twine


 
 
Then it was time to come up with some ideas!
I knew that I wanted to do a few different categories.  The washi tape was perfect for marking the different ones.
The "Free date" category is composed of date ideas that are either free, or involve very little money. (Think hike, picnic, etc)
Then there's a category for so-called "Romantic" dates. Dinner, movie, sushi date, brewery tour, and comedy club are just several of the ideas I chose to use. 
I also wanted to incorporate a "Family date" category.  These are dates that we can all do as a family! Ice cream date, nature walk, and camp out, are just a few of the family friendly ideas.


And I can always add more to these, as other ideas come my way :)









I can't wait to get started actually using this Date Jar
I said that we would try to pull a date at least once a week.
I think that this will be a great way to help us spend more time together, and I'm sure we will have lots of fun doing it :)



                               



Check out my board on Pinterest to get some of your own ideas!



Bye for now!
 
Erica.

No comments:

Post a Comment